Thursday, October 1, 2020

Postcrossing: It's All About The Postcard

You like to get mail, eh? Well, so do I ace, so let's start talkin'!

I just debuted my blog today, and I already feel like I've waited too long to discuss this.  Trust me, a beautiful stranger, YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT POSTCROSSING!

Postcrossing is a project that was created in 2005 to help people who like to get mail...um...get mail!

It's simple:

1. Visit Postcrossing.com and create a free account.

2.  Request an address and a postcard-ID.

3.  Write a postcard.

4.  Patiently* wait for someone to write back.

5.  YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!!!

*Patience is not required, just recommended. Pace the living room anxiously while waiting for the mailman if you so desire.

Once you get a postcard, do whatever you like with it. 

The important thing is to appreciate it!  A stranger just took the time to send you mail!

Postcrossing, will help you receive mail from every corner of the planet (countries I've never even heard of) and you are guaranteed to get mail from cool people.  Through Postcrossing, you will encounter people with different beliefs, race, age and gender. This is a good thing. Postcrossing is really awesome!

So please, I beg you, visit postcrossing.com. Support the USPS and other mailing systems around the world, practice social distancing from a VERY safe distance, and make yourself and a stranger happy.  Mail a postcard!


Questions:  Have you ever used Postcrossing? Do you send postcards to family or friends? If you were a mail carrier, would you read postcards before delivering them (I would)?😁


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the debut of your blog! That's lovely :)
    I love the sound of Postcrossing, I've never heard of it but it sounds like such a great way to send a memorable postcard. Thanks for sharing!

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was definitely nervous to hit the publish button, but so far being a blogger is a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by!

      Postcrossing is great. So far, every postcard I have received via the Postcrossing platform has been from a genuinely lovely person. I hope you give it a try!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried postcrossing but it sounds like a really fun hobby, it would probably get me real wanderlust! :- )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lot of fun! I think you should give it a try. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete